If I told you that exercise bikes are among the most popular home cardio machines today, would you be surprised? They have become even more popular since people now find them more convenient than actual riding on the outdoors. With the roads becoming more jammed every day with the rising traffic, you can have a riding experience at home that is almost similar to the real biking experience.
We have gathered the best exercise bike under 300 and reviewed them in this article to help you make the right choice, especially if you are on a budget. They are more portable and offer an enjoyable low-impact option for burning calories and keeping your heart stronger. Therefore, you can also use them alongside this polar with a heart rate monitor.
What Does Exercise Bike Work?
An exercise bike works out several parts of your body. The leg muscles are the most common, but there are more. First, riding the bike helps strengthen your legs and lower body, and the results get better as you increase resistance. The pedaling actions help strengthen the hamstring, calves, as well as the quadriceps.
Likewise, the exercise works the muscles in your back, core, and glutes. With concentrated effort, you can exercise your upper body while riding an exercise bike. Some models have a movable handle, which you can use in a rowing motion to paddle the machine. The bike helps you rest in a secure and comfortable position. This engages your upper body muscles effortlessly.
Table of Content:
Use this section to find where every topic and subtopic is positioned in the article, where every part is included systematically with page numbers.
- What Does Exercise Bike Work?
- 5 Best Exercise Bike Under 300 Reviews 2020
- Which is Better: Exercise Biking or Walking?
- Why Should You Buy an Exercise Bike Under 300?
- Final Verdict
Check out every product as compared against each other based on several most critical factors and features.
5 Best Exercise Bike Under 300 Reviews 2020
Below are top five best exercise bike under 300. Who said you could not find a good exercise bike on a budget? Examine our recommended budget-friendly exercise bikes that will serve you well.
1. FUNMILY Indoor Exercise Bike Stationary
FUNMILY is a brand that any indoor workout enthusiast can relate with. That is because it is one of the reputable brands, producing a wide range of exercise equipment. This indoor exercise bike is excellently built, putting in mind that it is used indoors where space may be limited. It is the best budget exercise bike.
Hence, it is made compact and solidly built so that it creates an excellently smooth ride. It boasts a stable VA structure and a belt drive system that provides nothing but a silent ride. Besides, you can adjust the resistance so that you choose exactly how you want to exercise and even systematically increase resistance to cater for the increasing urge for a tougher workout.
You can move your seat backward or forward to customize your position and to set it to a more comfortable position. There is a high-quality LCD monitor to help you keep track of the entire process and check on your progress as they get displayed on the screen. On top of that, it is easy to know your heart rate for safe workouts.
FUNMILY Indoor Features:
- Premium quality and solid build that has passed major tests give you a reason to trust it with your workout and safety
- Stable VA structure and a belt drive system greatly contribute to the smoothness and quiet running
- The machine offers more resistance that is adjustable for more momentum and challenging exercise experience
- The well-padded seat is extra comfortable and you can move it forward or backward for more customized positioning
- Multifunctional digital monitor tracks time, speed, calories that have been burn in the process, and more
2. IDEER LIFE Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Bike
This is the ultimate best indoor exercise bike, and everything about it makes it qualified for it. Similarly, you cannot ignore its top-quality construction because that is one thing anyone would notice even at first sight. The bike has a heavy-duty 24.25 pounds solid flywheel that provides the perfect tension levels for exercising.
You can burn more calories with these machines if you use it well. With its exceptional spring shock-absorbent design, this machine does not only resemble a real bike but also maximizes your comfort, safety, and exercise effectiveness. It means you gain more exercise on this bike than on many of its kind. The design maximizes the exercise effect. This bike also offers smooth operation to allow you enjoy great workouts while watching your best shows.
The bikes can hold a maximum weight of 330 pounds, making it one of the best there is for heavy people. Hence, if you want to burn some fat, this would be the right indoor bike to install in your apartment. That way, you can exercise as many times as you want at your convenience. It has a knob that you can use to move the seat down or up. Hence you can customize your comfort before you begin to cycle.
IDEER LIFE Exercise Features:
- The seat is comfortable and easy to adjust up or down from 34.65inches to 40.55 inches or forward and backward
- Spring shock-absorbent design reduce the impact and shock that the mechanical movement causes the body
- Designed with the belt drive mechanism, which is responsible for the smoothness and quietness of the drive
- Extra thick and sturdy parts provide total support for a maximum weight of 330 pounds besides contributing to the overall durability
- A heavy-duty flywheel that weighs 24.25 pounds is solid and gives excellent resistance to a workout
3. JEEKEE Recumbent Exercise Bike
If you are an adult senior who wants to ride indoors and still feel like you are riding a real bike outdoors, you should get this bike. This is an adjustable recumbent bike with a 53.5-inch long frame and enough space for you to feel comfortable as you ride. It offers extended space and nine positions that you can place the seat. These are partly why it is the best exercise bike for home use, especially for aged people who still desire to exercise.
The bike offers a weight capacity of 300 pounds, which is high enough to accommodate most people, including big-bodied persons who would like to shed some fat or calories. It boasts an ergonomic design with a large seat and backrest to provide a comfortable space for the elderly. The bike provides low-impact leg exercise to increase your blood flow and reduce joint pain, while also building endurance.
The machine offers eight levels of resistance from which you can choose where to start and increase resistance as you proceed with your workout. There is a heart rate monitor to help you follow your workout and understand how hard or slow you are exercising. The LCD has an innovative design with new extra features.
JEEKEE Recumbent Features:
- Advanced 2-way external magnetic flywheel offers excellent inertia, smoother ride, and stronger power
- The powerful dual-belt mechanism helps drive the flywheel to provide suitable resistance and a super quiet drive
- Nine position seat adjustments fit a variety of user heights from 27 inches to 39 inches, which also makes it easy on legs
- Pedals straps are adjustable so that you can place your feet easily into them and tie them so that they do not fall off
- Multifunction LCD allows you to follow up on your workout progress so that you know how to proceed or what to change
4. Vanswe Recumbent Exercise Bike
This is one of the most elegant yet powerful exercise bikes I have ever seen on the market. It makes every exercise riding a fun activity. Likewise, if you want to buy an affordable exercise bike without compromising on quality, this would be an excellent choice for you. There is so much that you will like in this bike, including a fully adjustable seat that makes it suitable for a wide range of users. Consequently, you can exercise without hurting your legs or joints.
Another great characteristic of this bike is the preset tension option with a 16 level magnetic tension system. This feature allows you to create a ride experience that you want at any particular moment. Hence, you can have a flawless biking moment with lots of space to watch movies or listen to music as you exercise.
The seat is thickly padded and soft enough to protect your spine no matter how vigorous the exercise gets. With a weight capacity of 380 pounds, obese users will be lucky to use it to burn calories. The bike’s height is adjustable to allow all users to enjoy comfortable workouts.
Vanswe Recumbent Features:
- Transportation wheels are a great source of convenience since they make it easy to relocate or move the bike
- Pulse sensors on the hands provide you with reliable pulse reading so that you understand your health better
- Needle roller bearing serves as the main reason for the quiet operation and the smooth ride you get
- 16-level resistance offer a wide variety of resistance options to choose from to customize your exercising
- The seat is adjustable for different heights, making the bike suitable for people with different heights
5. Sunny Health & Fitness Comfort XL Ultra Cushioned Seat Folding Exercise Bike
Burning calories and keeping fit have never been this easy. With this recumbent bike, you can transform your extra-large body into a very attractive one within a few days if you strictly keep your exercise schedule or program. It is a highly comfortable bike with enough resistance for different workout needs. If you are on a budget, you need an affordable exercise bike like this. The seat is positioned in the most suitable height for most people, making it a favorite for both men and women, short and tall people.
Likewise, the seat is extra-large and padded for extra comfort and to make sure that your exercise session is not interrupted by pain on your bottom or back. The bottle holder keeps your drink within reach so you can address your hydration needs during workouts.
This is also a low-maintenance machine, meaning you will not be stressed by the need to take closer care of it.
The machine uses a 3.3 pounds flywheel and supports a whopping 10 adjustable levels of magnetic resistance. People with various strengths and experiences can therefore use this machine, and all will be satisfied with it. All you need to do is set it to your level.
Sunny Health & Fitness Features:
- Performance display feeds you with information about your progress and health condition to help you decide what to do
- A fully padded seat that you can adjust both downwards or upwards to set it to your most desired position
- The handlebars are foldable hence allows you to get on or off easily or for storage purposes
- 10 magnetic resistance levels provide high quality and powerful ride for people of different experience levels to enjoy
- The handles are foam-padded to protect your hands during vigorous extensive biking and to support stability
Which is Better: Exercise Biking or Walking?
Biking and walking are both excellent exercise options, though each has its unique advantages and disadvantages. However, biking is great and offers many benefits. So, you can get better results if you want to burn calories or lose weight.
Exercise biking offers a much faster way to burn calories, hence a faster way to lose weight than walking. Approximately, you would burn twice as much calories biking than walking. For cardio, biking still stands as the winner against walking. Walking is slow and is, therefore, inherently difficult to raise heart rate as much as biking.
Why Should You Buy an Exercise Bike Under 300?
There are many reasons why anyone should buy an exercise bike under 300. For instance, if you are on a budget, yet you still need a high-quality bike, you can get a nice model with just under 300. The bikes provide top performance and are low maintenance.
There are lots of bikes within this range that compete with many high-end models out there. Besides, instead of postponing buying an exercise bike until you have enough money for the more expensive models, why don’t you buy these and start working out straight away. So, many people can access them easily.
Frequently Asked Question
Read these questions that are frequently asked about best exercise bikes on the internet; we compiled and answered them for you:
Is 30 minutes a day on an exercise bike enough?
Most of these exercises should last at least 30 minutes a day. It does not necessarily mean that you have to work out for 30 minutes and not more. You can extend if your body needs more. However, 30 minutes is the standard time.
Should you ride an exercise bike every day?
It is great to engage in bike riding for at least 30 minutes every day in a week. You should be consistent for five days then rest for the remaining two days.
Where should you place an exercise bike in your house?
An exercise bike can be placed almost anywhere in the house as long as there is enough space. Some people place it in the sitting room where they can work out and watch television. However, it is better off placed in a place where there is little disturbance and enough ventilation to breathe in fresh air while you exercise.
How long should you ride an exercise bike daily?
Just like we have mentioned before; you should maintain a 30 minutes a day workout. This is the standard time, and it is the period that is healthy for you.
Does an Exercise Bike Provide the Same Benefit of Walking?
Exercise bike provides more benefits than walking even though walking also has areas that it is stronger than biking. However, generally, biking gives better results, but walking is safer.
Buying a great exercise bike on a budget will save not only your money but allow you to reap the benefits even when you cannot afford the high-end models. There are many best exercise bike under 300 that give you great performance.
From the list we have provided above, you can find a model that will serve whatever need you may have. Whether you want to lose weight or keep fit for sports, there is something for you here.
We recommend the Sunny Health & Fitness Comfort XL Ultra Cushioned Seat Folding Exercise Bike. This is the most comfortable exercise bike with an array of features. The bike is fully adjustable and designed to last long. Additionally, it is stable and safe to use.it also gives you smooth and quiet workouts at home.