There are different types of exercise bikes on the market. However, tall people find it challenging to select the right one because most bikes are not made for tall people. You need a comfortable exercise bike to enjoy your workouts. Luckily, we have a top list of the best exercise bike for tall person to suit your needs.
These are amazing exercise bikes with adjustable seats and handlebars and also accommodate a higher weight capacity. Additionally, these bikes are durable, easy to use, and help you get efficient workouts. Check their reviews in detail to choose the right indoor cycling bike for your workouts as a tall person.
How Did We Make This Article?
When you look for an exercise bike for a tall person, you’ve to consider a lot of factors to get the best one. To find the best exercise bikes for tall people, we have formed a team of 6 expert people. Then our complete team drives into the product market to investigate and analyze the product features and characteristics. We have selected 120 models from Amazon for deep analysis. Our team extensively researched and analyzed those models and compared them with others. We had studied 600+ real buyers’ reviews to get practical knowledge about these products. After an 85 hours long research we were able to pick the following 9 gems!
Best Exercise Bike for Tall Person- 30 Sec Quick Summary
Best Exercise Bike For Cardio Workout: Schwinn Upright Bike Series
This exercise bike from Schwinn is an outstanding option for tall people who are looking for a good cardio workout exercise bike.
Best Quiet Exercise Bike: Cyclace Exercise Bike
With this bike 36-lb flywheel, you’ll enjoy quiet and smooth-riding each and every time.
Best Durable exercise Bike: Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Bike
The bike is made with heavy-duty steel that can easily support 440-lbs weight capacity.
Good for Total-Body Exercise: As Seen On TV Slim Cycle Stationary Bike
Along with the lower body exercise, you can also do upright exercise by using the built-in arm resistance band.
Editors Choice: Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
This space-saving folding exercise bike comes with 8-level magnetic resistance and 3-piece cranking systems, along with all the latest features.
Best foldable exercise bike: Lanos Folding Exercise Bike
This folding exercise bike from “Lanos” is completely foldable. You can fold this bike half of its size and save a lot of space in your home. It has a 10-level magnetic resistance system and supports 330 LBS weight capacity.
Best User-Friendly Exercise Bike: Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance
Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike comes with an adjustable seat, adjustable resistance, safety strap with pedals, transportation wheels, everything you need for your convenience.
Best Indoor Exercise Bike: Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike
With a 40-pound chrome fly-wheel of Sunny Health & Fitness exercise bike, you can do an effective cardio workout at your home.
Best Exercise Bike for Heavy-Weight People: JOROTO Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
The bike is built with a 50mm thickened frame that can effectively accommodate a person up to 300lbs.
Table of Content:
Jump into any section of your choice by clicking on the respective hyperlink we’ve listed below:
- How Did We Make This Article?
- Best Exercise Bike for Tall Person- 30 Sec Quick Summary
- Why Is an Exercise Bike Good for Tall Person?
- 9 Best Exercise Bike for Tall Person Reviews 2021
- 1. Best Exercise Bike For Cardio Workout: Schwinn Upright Bike Series
- 2. Best Quiet Exercise Bike: Cyclace Exercise Bike
- 3. Best Durable exercise Bike: Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Bike
- 4. Good for Total-Body Exercise: As Seen On TV Slim Cycle Stationary Bike
- 5. Editors Choice: Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
- 6. Best Foldable Exercise Bike: Lanos Folding Exercise Bike
- 7. Best User-Friendly Exercise Bike: Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance
- 8. Best Indoor Exercise Bike: Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike
- 9. Best Exercise Bike for Heavy-Weight People: JOROTO Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
- Why Exercise Bike Proper Setup is Important to Avoid Injury
- Final Thought
You can compare all the selected exercise bikes from this quick comparison chart to understand their features at a glance.
|Best Exercise Bike for Tall Person||It’s Best for||Brand||Color||Dimensions||Resistance Levels|
|Schwinn Upright Bike Series||Best Exercise Bike For Cardio Workout||Schwinn||Black||LxWxH; 41.34 x 21.26 x 55.51 inches||20|
|Cyclace Exercise Bike||Best Quiet Exercise Bike||Cyclace||Black||47.24×24.21×47.24 inches ( L x W x H ); 86 lbs||8|
|Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Bike||Best Durable exercise Bike||RELIFE REBUILD YOUR LIFE||Black||LxWxH; 35.4 x 34.25 x 9.1 inches||-|
|As Seen On TV Slim Cycle Stationary Bike||Good for Total-Body Exercise||BulbHead||Slim Cycle||45.7 x 17.5 x 9.1 inches; 43.95 Pounds||8|
|Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike||Editors Choice||Exerpeutic||Grey||LxWxH; 31 x 19 x 46 inches||8|
|Lanos Folding Exercise Bike||Best Foldable Exercise Bike||LANOS||Blue||22L x 20W x 55.5H inches||10|
|Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance||Best User-Friendly Exercise Bike||Marcy||Black/Gray/Copper||LxWxH; 55.5 x 25 x 37.5 inches||8|
|Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike||Best Indoor Exercise Bike||Sunny Health & Fitness||Gray||LxWxH: 46.5 x 18 x 46 inches||3|
|JOROTO Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike||Best Exercise Bike for Heavy-Weight People||JOROTO||Red||LxWxH, 42.9 x 19.7 x 42.5 inches||-|
Why Is an Exercise Bike Good for Tall Person?
You are a tall person but that doesn’t mean you should not work out. There are so many benefits of indoor cycling exercise that you will enjoy. Some of the ways tall people will benefit from exercise bikes include the following:
- It engages different muscles like the glutes, back, lower legs, hamstring, core, and upper bodies.
- Indoor cycling is a great way for tall people to burn calories and achieve weight loss goals.
- It provides a great opportunity to boost your cardiovascular health without straining your joints.
- Tall people can build strength if they spend about 150 minutes weekly in biking.
- The bikes provide low-impact workouts, and they strengthen your lower body and legs.
- They are safer to use than road cling and helps tall people burn body fats and calories.
9 Best Exercise Bike for Tall Person Reviews 2021
Many exercise bikes are designed to suit average users. Therefore, if you are a tall person, you might not get a comfortable bike. Luckily, we have researched many models on the market today. Here are top reviews of our recommended best exercise bike for tall person.
1. Best Exercise Bike For Cardio Workout: Schwinn Upright Bike Series
Schwinn is a top brand on the market that offers different types of bikes. This model is good for tall users, and it has user-friendly features to give you the best cardio workouts. Additionally, the bike is comfortable to use and enjoyable while using. It features a streamlined console with 22 workout programs that you can choose from.
Comfort is key when you are using an exercise bike. This model features a padded and contoured seat with a post so you can easily adjust the seat height to suit your own height. Additionally, the handlebars are adjustable to suit your height. They also feature heart rate sensors to help you monitor your heartbeat.
You can easily track your workout data like the distance, time, and calories burned on the high-resolution screen. It is backlit to help you read the data even in dark situations. Additionally, it features a fan to keep you cool as you ride as it’s the best indoor exercise bike for a tall person.
- Manufacturer: Schwinn
- Color: Black
- Product Dimensions: LxWxH; 41.34 x 21.26 x 55.51 inches
- Product Weight: 58.4 Pounds
- Resistance: Fluid Mechanism
- Source of Power: Corded Electric
- Resistance: 20
Schwinn Upright Features:
- This bike helps you set your workout goals with the goal tracking feature with built-in memory.
- It Features a Dual track LCD screen that helps you see your workout information in real-time.
- You will get up to 20 levels of workout resistance in it so there is a wide range of workouts.
- The bike is comfortable to use with a well-padded seat which you can also adjust for your height.
- It also has a high-quality inertia drive system with smooth workouts so you can train without noise.
2. Best Quiet Exercise Bike: Cyclace Exercise Bike
Enjoy an effective exercise bike workout at home with the Cyclace exercise bike. This bike is suitable for people from 5.2- 6.5 feet which makes it a good bike for tall people. It features a 36 lb flywheel to give you quiet and smooth rides without disturbing your neighbors.
When it comes to safety while pedaling, this bike is stable enough to keep you safe. It features a thick triangular steel frame to support the riders up to 330 lbs. This makes it a perfect selection for both homes and gyms. Its seat and handlebars are height adjustable to allow everyone in your family to use the bike comfortably.
This spin bike is fully adjustable with up to eight adjustable sitting potions. You can choose to adjust the seat backward or forward to suit your comfort needs. You will also enjoy cool workouts because the chain has several holes that dissipate heat. Moreover, if you would like to transport this bike, it features transport wheels that allow easy portability.
- Manufacturer: Cyclace
- Color: Black
- Max-Height: 39 Inches
- Max-Weight Capacity: 330 Pounds
- Drive System: Belt
Cyclace Exercise Features:
- The seat and the handlebars offer multiple adjustments to help you get a comfortable riding position.
- You can keep yourself hydrated during workouts because the bike has a water bottle holder.
- It has a good design with a comfortable resistance bar, so it is easy to press down or rotate.
- You’ll also get a durable steel frame that provides stability and supports heavy users up to 330lbs.
- This fully adjustable exercise bike has a 36 lb flywheel that gives you smooth and quiet rides.
3. Best Durable exercise Bike: Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Bike
If you need a fully-adjustable exercise bike, this is the best upright exercise bike for tall person. The first thing that you will love about this bike is the durable design. It features a robust steel construction so you can be sure it will serve you for many years. Additionally, it has foam to enhance durability and stability.
This model is easy to install as well as easier to use for anybody. If you read the instructions and use the right tools, you can install it in a few minutes. It gives you a total body workout to burn fats if you are on weight loss goals. The bike also features an adjustable design so you can adjust different places to suit your height.
Monitor your workout with a clear LCD monitor. When it comes to safety and comfort, the bike’s pedals feature adjustable straps. Therefore, no worries about feet slipping during workouts. It also gives you great resistance levels, so you will feel like you are riding on the road.
- Manufacturer: RELIFE REBUILD YOUR LIFE
- Color: Black
- Product Dimensions: LxWxH; 35.4 x 34.25 x 9.1 inches
- Max-Height: 44.1 Inches
- Minimum Height: 37.8 Inches
- Built-in Material: Steel
Exercise Bike Features:
- The bike has an easy-to-read LCD monitor that helps you track your workout information.
- It features a stable structure, thick foam, and an adjustable design for comfort purposes.
- You can easily adjust the handlebars, seat, and resistance to gain optimum comfort.
- The bike features a durable steel design that makes it stable to hold users up to 330lbs.
- it’s a safe exercise bike to help you burn calories and is easy to install within a few minutes.
4. Good for Total-Body Exercise: As Seen On TV Slim Cycle Stationary Bike
This model will be a great pick if you need a perfect exercise bike for home cardio workouts. This is a two-in-one bike, so you can use it as an upright bike if you want to engage in intense workouts. You can also use it as a recumbent bike if you want low-impact exercises. The bike gives you 8 adjustable resistance levels to push yourself with workouts.
The recumbent riding position of this exercise bike helps you engage in low-intensity workouts. You can work out comfortably and burn fats to meet your weight loss goals. The riding position doesn’t make your workout stressful as compared to other spin bikes.
Additionally, it features an upright riding position to help you engage in high-intensity workouts. If you are into strength training, the bike features a built-in arm resistance to help you tone your muscles when working out. And both methods combined make it a full-body workout tool.
- Manufacturer: BulbHead
- Color: Slim Cycle
- Resistance Levels: 8
As Seen On Features:
- It has a built-in arm resistance band to help you tone your upper body muscles when you cycle.
- Offers low-impact workouts and the riding position is comfortable so no stress on your joints.
- It gives you an upright riding position and high-intensity workouts to help you burn calories.
- The exercise bike folds into half its normal size to provide easy storage and transportation.
- You’ll also get a digital display to see your workout data like speed, distance, miles, etc.
5. Editors Choice: Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
If you have a limited budget and still want to work out from home, you can choose this good cheap exercise bike. It features a space-saving design hence perfect for people with storage space concerns. You can fold the bike into half its size after use for easy storage. Moreover, it includes transport wheels which make it easy to move to different places.
This bike offers eight magnetic tension levels to help you engage in simple and challenging workouts. You can adjust the workout intensity to suit your goals. It has a larger seat cushion comfortable to use even for an extended period. This makes it suitable for users from 5 feet 3 inches to 6 feet 1 inch. Additionally, the bike can hold a maximum user weight of up to 300 lbs.
It’s also easy for you to see your workout data on the LCD. It shows the speed, time, pulse, scan, and calories burned. The bike also has pulse sensors to help you track your heart rate. It also features an efficient 3-piece cranking system for consistent and smooth pedaling.
- Manufacturer: Exerpeutic
- Color: Grey
- Product Dimensions: LxWxH; 31 x 19 x 46 inches
- Maximum Height: 55.5 Inches
- Weight: 39 Pounds
- Resistance: Magnetic Mechanism
- Max-Weight Capacity: 300 Pounds
- Resistance: 8
- Drive System: Belt
Exerpeutic Folding Features:
- The bike comes with a large LCD that shows you essential workout data.
- It has a space-saving design and transport wheels, which make it easier to store or transport.
- You can easily adjust the 8 levels of magnetic tension for either easier or difficult workouts.
- It also features a large seat cushion that is easy to adjust to suit different kinds of users.
- This exercise bike has a 3-piece cranking system that offers smooth and consistent pedaling.
6. Best Foldable Exercise Bike: Lanos Folding Exercise Bike
Recumbent bikes are comfortable to use because they are easy on your joints. The Lanos folding bike is one of the best recumbent bike for tall person. This foldable bike is great for a home gym, office, and apartment. It works well for seniors, men, and women to help them boost their cardio fitness. This bike offers a comfortable workout position to ensure you do not experience soreness or fatigue on your upper body.
Challenging your exercises is great if you want to see results fast. Therefore, you can adjust the level of resistance up to 10 to meet your workout goals. You can begin with simple workouts and then gradually increase the intensity levels. Adjusting the resistance is easy since it features an easy-to-use tension knob.
Track your workout information with a clear digital LCD monitor. It displays parameters like your speed, miles, heart rate, pulse, and calories. The bike has a tablet holder, anti-slip pedals, and a comfortable seat and backrest for convenience. You will also love its compact design, which makes it easy to store. Additionally, the bike has transportation wheels so you can move it to various locations without issues.
- Manufacturer: LANOS
- Color: Blue
- Max-Height: 55.5 Inches
- Resistance: Magnetic Mechanism
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 300 Pounds
- Resistance: 10
Lanos Folding Features:
- The seat has a thick cushion, and it’s adjustable for comfortable workouts and good sitting positions.
- You’ll get a compact and foldable design to make storage easy. It also includes transportation wheels.
- It features 10 levels of magnetic resistance so you can either increase or decrease your workout intensity.
- The recumbent bike offers a reclined riding position to reduce muscle soreness and fatigue.
- Its balanced flywheel allows you to enjoy comfortable, quiet, and smooth rides.
7. Best User-Friendly Exercise Bike: Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance
If you’re searching for a user-friendly and easy-to-operate exercise bike, you can’t skip this one from Marcy. The design of this exercise bike is pretty impressive. It is built with a 14-gauge heavy-duty steel tube with a powder-coated finish to make it long-lasting, sleek, and beautiful. Because of its durable and strong construction, it can easily support anybody up to 300lbs.
To control the power and strength of this exercise bike, it offers you 8-levels adjustable magnetic resistance. You’ll find a tension knob through that you can challenge yourself with different intensity workouts. Besides that, the seat of this exercise bike comes with a padded seat and backrest to ensure your utmost comfort. Furthermore, you can adjust the seat as per your height and comfort level.
To prevent any kind of slippage during the exercise, it includes anti-slip straps with the pedals. It has an LCD screen to show you the current status of your workout, such as speed, calories, time, distance, etc. For easy and comfortable movement the bike also includes convenient transportation wheels.
- Manufacturer: Marcy
- Color: Black/Gray/Copper
- Product Dimensions: LxWxH; 55.5 x 25 x 37.5 inches
- Weight: 27 Kilograms
- Resistance: Magnetic Mechanism
- Material: Plastic
- Resistance: 8
- The bike is built with heavy-duty 14 gauge steel for a long-lasting service.
- It has an 8-levels adjustable magnetic resistance system to control the strength of your workout.
- To ensure your utmost comfort, it includes an adjustable padded seat and backrest.
- It comes with anti-slip straps with your pedals to prevent any kind of slippage during the exercise.
- The bike has convenient transportation wheels that allow you to move the bike comfortably anywhere you like.
8. Best Indoor Exercise Bike: Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Cycling Bike
Looking for an effective indoor exercise bike then look no further than this model from Sunny Health & Fitness. The bike comes with a 40-pound chrome flywheel that allows you to do a smooth cardio workout at your home. You’ll get a friction-resistance knob to control the resistance of your bike.
Through the friction knob, you can accelerate the resistance or completely stop in a flash. Besides, the handlebars of this bike are completely adjustable and designed ergonomically to give you the utmost comfort. The seat of this bike is also adjustable and can be adjusted in four different heights to enhance your riding experience.
Based on your leg length, you can adjust the height and do your workout effectively and comfortably. It comes with a leveler option to give you a smooth and stable ride on an uneven surface. Shifting the bike in different spaces is very easy and comfortable with its convenient transportation wheels.
- Manufacturer: Sunny Health & Fitness
- Color: Gray
- Item Dimensions: LxWxH: 46.5 x 18 x 46 inches
- Maximum Height: 46 Inches
- Weight: 97.2 Pounds
- Resistance: Friction Mechanism
- Built-in Material: Steel
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 220 Pounds
- Drive System: Chain
Sunny Health & Fitness Features:
- The bike comes with a 40-LBS-chromed flywheel to deliver you smooth and effective exercise with high resistance.
- It has a friction-resistance knob that assists you to control and adjust the resistance.
- The seat of this bike is completely adjustable and designed ergonomically to provide you utmost comfort.
- You can also adjust the handlebars of this bike to get a flexible position during the exercise.
- It features convenient transportation wheels that allow you to move the bike comfortably anywhere you want.
9. Best Exercise Bike for Heavy-Weight People: JOROTO Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike
Our last pick, this exercise bike from “JOROTO” is a masterpiece for heavyweight people. The bike is built with a 50-mm thickened AV-type frame which makes this bike durable and strong. Because of its high-quality material and solid construction, it can easily accommodate a person up to 300 lbs.
For a smooth and challenging workout, the bike includes a 35lbs-chromed flywheel. The resistance of this bike is a magnetic mechanism. It comes with 6-magnets to create a magnetic field of resistance. You can control the strength and resistance through the multi-control tension knob.
Besides, the seat and handlebars are completely adjustable in 4-different positions to give you a flexible and comfortable workout. To prevent slippage during your exercise, it comes with adjustable straps with pedals. Even the bike has an emergency stop brake for quick response in case of emergency. To shift the bike to different places conveniently it is equipped with easy transportation wheels.
- Manufacturer: JOROTO
- Product Dimensions: LxWxH, 42.9 x 19.7 x 42.5 inches
- Weight: 94 Pounds
- Resistance: Magnetic Exercise Bike (with 7 magnets)
- Built-in Material: Alloy Steel
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 300 Pounds
- Drive System: Belt
- The manufacturer of this bike uses a 50-mm thickened frame for making it durable and long-lasting.
- You will get a 35-lbs chromed flywheel for a smooth and challenging workout.
- It uses 6 magnets to create a magnetic resistance field that allows you to enjoy a whisper quiet workout.
- The seat and handlebars are adjustable in four different positions to give you more flexibility and comfort.
- You can move the bike in different spaces with the help of its convenient transportation wheels.
Why Exercise Bike Proper Setup is Important to Avoid Injury
Many users experience injuries when using exercise bikes because of the wrong setup. It is crucial to take your time when setting up the bike to enjoy safe and comfortable cycling. Additionally, this will prevent injuries and make your workouts efficient.
Aligning your bike correctly is essential to help you train for a longer time. You should know how to adjust your seat height such that it is not too high or low. Higher seat height will force you to stretch and strain your feet, hips, and ankles.
On the other hand, a low seat height will also strain your knees when cycling at a high resistance. Another essential thing you should know is to set up the right seat position. This will depend on your riding approach, your height, and flexibility.
Additionally, you should position the handlebars and the pedals in the right position. The position of your handlebars will depend on your comfort and riding style. A higher handlebar is comfortable as compared to a lower handlebar position. When it comes to pedals, ensure your toes don’t wiggle when you are riding.
Frequently Asked Question
Finding and using an exercise bike for tall people comfortably can be a tedious job. Below are some of the frequently asked questions on exercise bikes for tall people to ease the process for you:
Is It Harder for Tall People to Exercise?
Frankly, tall people have issues with exercises such as box jumps. It is hard for them to lift their legs straight because their leg to body ratio is longer than shorter people.
Is 30 minutes a day on an exercise bike enough?
If you want to lose weight cycling, 30 minutes daily can be enough. Using an exercise bike can help you burn more calories based on your riding intensity and speed.
How long should you ride an exercise bike a day?
Riding your exercise bike for about 30 minutes daily can help you stay healthy. However, you should also combine exercises with a balanced diet for better results.
Can you burn belly fat on an exercise bike?
Yes, it is possible. As much as cycling doesn’t engage your stomach muscles, it is aerobic, helping burn body fats.
Is an exercise bike better than walking?
Of course, cycling is better than walking. When walking, you will need to do it harder to exercise your muscles, heart, and lungs. Additionally, cycling is easy on your ankles, hips, and knees.
Finding the best exercise bike for tall person is not easy, so you need to do your research well to end up with a comfortable bike. You should also consider other essential factors like display, resistance, programming, and safety, among others.
Our top recommendation is the Exerpeutic Folding bike with prominent features. This bike is great for tall people and provides effective workouts. It is easily adjustable and features a space-saving design. You will also enjoy 8 levels of adjustable magnetic tension for easier and hard workouts.
- 8 Best Heavy Duty Exercise Bikes for Overweight People!
- Best Exercise Bike for Bad Knees On The Market Today!
- Will an Exercise Bike Burn Belly Fat?
- Does an Exercise Bike Tone Your Bum
- Is an Exercise Bike Better Than a Treadmill?