Exercise bikes offer a great solution for a home workout, especially when it comes to cardio and fat burning. However, choosing the right bike can be a daunting job, especially if you have body size obligations. Finding the best exercise bike for short person requires a lot of considerations other than the accommodation capability. Most of the manufacturers keep the average height in mind in the design while a very few prioritize the short people.
Furthermore, not every compatible bike is good enough to satisfy you as a short person, either with other features and qualities. Our expert team has been through the best bikes in the market and has come up with the ones that can satisfy you. Stick to the article; I’ll get you through the best exercise bikes for short people to help you get started with an effective cardio workout.
Table Of Content:
Here is the quick navigation list for you to navigate through the article and jump to the part you’re looking for:
- 5 Best Exercise Bike for Short Person Reviews 2020
- 1. Lanos Folding Exercise Bike With 10-level Adjustable Magnetic
- 2. MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Stationary Bike
- 3. BCAN Folding Exercise Bike, Magnetic Upright Bicycle
- 4. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Pulse
- 5. XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike, Silver
- How Many Calories Burned Exercise Bikes?
- How to Find a Good Exercise Bike for Short Person?
- Final Thought
Short on time? Here is a quick comparison chart for the products we’ve chosen to review for you with the key features:
Lanos Folding Exercise Bike with 10-Level Adjustable Magnetic Resistance
MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Stationary Bike
BCAN Folding Exercise Bike, Magnetic Upright Bicycle with Heart Rate
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Pulse
XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike, Silver
5 Best Exercise Bike for Short Person Reviews 2020
Choosing the best exercise bike for short person can be hard for you unless you have some expert suggestions. Here are the best bikes for you as a short person that the experts in the field suggest:
1. Lanos Folding Exercise Bike With 10-level Adjustable Magnetic
This exercise bike from Lanos is foldable in half and can be used as both an upright bike or a recumbent one. Its 10-level adjustability for both seat and resistance makes it the best exercise bike for seniors who need more flexibility. It’s compatible for the people between 4’5″ to 6’7″ weighing under 330 lbs, which is a sweet spot for most.
It’ll be the best cardio exercise bike with a real-time report of your heart condition with dual heart rate sensors on the handles other than muscle building and fighting fatigue. You’ll get the heart reading on the screen along with speed level you’re on, calories burnt, distance passed, and the time you passed working out.
If you’re after the best option for a dual-purpose exercise bike, the Lanos bike is the one you want. You can adjust the bike at upright, semi-stationary mode, or fully recumbent mode and use the seat handles to stabilize yourself. The seat with the backrest and the handles are all comfortable with a thick foam cushion on them.
Lanos Folding Features:
- The bike’s X-shape foldable design allows you to use it as an upright, semi-stationary, or a recumbent.
- It accommodates people between 4’5″ to 6’7″ tall and has a weight capacity of 330 LBS.
- The bike comes with 10 levels of magnetic resistance in the wheel and the seat height.
- You can put a tab or phone on the screen holder and keep items on the included phone holder.
- It has 2 heart rate sensors with the monitor that shows speed, time, calory, and distance.
2. MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Stationary Bike
The MaxKare recumbent bike has seat adjustability from 27″ to 35″ allows users from 4’8″ to 6’5″ weighing up to 300 LBS. You can adjust the seat with the handy leaver right under the handle without standing, which makes it the best recumbent exercise bike for short person.
Its handles are not ordinary as they come with dual pulse sensors to monitor your heart rate in real-time without putting extra effort. You can see all the exercise data on the included monitor such as the speed, time, distance, calories along with heart rate monitoring.
Depending on your fitness level, you’ll get over 8 magnetic resistance levels on the wheel to keep up with goals more accurately. You can move it around with the transportation wheels, set anywhere, and start working out comfortably with a vinyl-padded seat and backrest, no matter which fitness level you’re in.
MaxKare Recumbent Features:
- This bike has 8 levels of magnetic resistance for an adjustable intensity of the workout.
- Its seat is adjustable from 27″ to 35″ for the people between 4’8″ to 6’5″ up to 300 lbs.
- You’ll get two pulse rate sensors on the handles to monitor your real-time heart rate.
- It has a monitor to show your heart rate, speed, burned calories, time, and distance.
- The seat, backrest, and handles have vinyl-foam coating and adjustable with a handy lever.
3. BCAN Folding Exercise Bike, Magnetic Upright Bicycle
The BCAN exercise bike with heart rate monitor on both handles can help you keep your cardiac health safer. It’s the right option if you need more calorie-burning with magnetic resistance as it has an unlimited tension controller knob to take as much pressure as you want.
You can see your heart rate, time spent, distance, and burned calories on the included 3.7″ monitor to keep track of what level of fitness goal you’re pushing. It’s the best upright exercise bike for short person down to 4’8″ and supports up to 6’2″ tall people weighing up to 330 lbs.
Its Arc Frame design allows you to adjust the seat, handlebar, and the backrest and use it as either an upright bike or a recumbent one. You will find it way safer to use with the adjustable safety guard on the pedals. Folding and keeping aside with the transportation wheel is also makes it simpler.
BCAN Folding Exercise Bike Features:
- This exercise bike comes with two heart rate sensors to monitor real-time pulse.
- It has easy height adjustability to fit in people 4’8″ up to 6’2″ weighing up to 330 lbs.
- You’ll get a 3.7″ large monitor to track speed, time, distance, and calories.
- The magnetic resistance adjustment option is unlimited with this bike for any age group.
- It also comes with an adjustable foot safety pedal lock to keep your foot firm.
4. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike with Pulse
The Exerpeutic upright exercise bike comes with 8 magnetic resistance levels to adjust the bike according to your fitness level. You can also adjust the seat height according to your height if you’re between 5’3″ up to 6’1″ and have a weight of up to 300 lbs. That’s a sweet spot for people with short to average height.
It has two pulse sensors on the handles that reads your heart rate in real-time. You’ll see the result on the monitor after putting your hands on the handle. The monitor also shows your speed, distance passed, calories burned, and the time spent on the bike along with the heart rate level.
If you have a space issue to keep it, it’s the best folding exercise bike that you can store in a small space. After a secure use with the adjustable security paddles, you can fold it straight, move it around using the onboard wheels.
Exerpeutic Folding Features:
- This bike comes with height adjustability for the people within 5’3″ to 6’1″ up to 300 lbs.
- It has a large screen to show all the workout data, including speed, time, calorie, and pulse.
- The handles of the bike have two heart rate sensors to read the pulse in real-time.
- It has a 3-piece crank system weel with an 8-level magnetic resistance controller.
- You can fold it to save space and transport it with the included wheels underneath.
5. XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike, Silver
The XTERRA B150 is a multifunctional exercise bike that can help you get in shape with over 8 magnetic resistance levels. You can adjust the tension according to the fitness level you have, and the monitor will show you how far you’ve gone towards your fitness goal.
It has a heart rate sensor that will measure your pulse and show you on the screen along with speed, time, calorie, and distance. You can use it comfortably if you’re within 4’10” to 5’10” height and bodyweight of up to 225 lbs. The 3-piece pedal crank with adjustable security lock will get you the best experience.
With an X-frame design, this bike is perfectly foldable to store anywhere easily. It takes only 18 inches of your floor while you keep it away, which makes it the best folding exercise bike for short person. Plus, you can move it around without lifting using the included wheels underneath.
XTERRA Fitness Features:
- This bike comes with 8 magnetic resistance levels according to your fitness level.
- It has two heart rate sensors on the handles that get you an accurate, real-time result.
- You’ll get the pulse, distance, time, distance, calorie burn on the 2 “x1” Monitor.
- Its x-frame foldable design allows you to fold it, and the wheels help you to transport.
- The wheel design is a 3-piece pedal crank with adjustable security straps on the pedals.
How Many Calories Burned Exercise Bikes?
Working out on a stationary bike can be a great way to burn calories and get in the shape you’re planning for. However, there are multiple factors associated with the bike that helps you get the right result. The cycling speed and your weight combined effects the calorie burning ratio. Here is a short chart of those figures that can help you understand the calorie-burning level depending on your weight for half an hour:
- If you’re paddling at 5.5 MPH and you weigh between 125 pounds to 185 pounds, you’ll burn about 113 to 167 calories.
- The same body weight combined with 12 to 13 MPH speed will burn you between 226 to 335 calories.
- If you paddle at a 16 to 19 MPH speed and weigh between 125 lbs to 185 lbs, it will burn you between 340 to 503 calories.
How to Find a Good Exercise Bike for Short Person?
Using an exercise bike is great for your fitness journey, but choosing one in the first place can be a daunting job. You must look for the features that make an exercise bike work for what you’re using it for, especially for short people. Here are the most important things that you must not overlook while shopping for an exercise bike:
As a short person, the first feature you look for in an exercise bike is its height capacity. Most of the manufacturers make their bikes compatible with ordinary people in the region they are targeting. However, if you’re a person with below-average height, some manufacturers also have adjustable features for the shorter people. It’s crucial to be able to fit into the structure comfortably without struggling to fit inside the bike. Plus, you have to see if you can easily reach the control panel or the levers while riding the bike.
No matter how short or how long a person you are, never overlook the necessity of adjustability. Look for a bike that has the adjustability between the height you have up to the maximum height a family member you have. Having this flexibility will help you not only exercise yourself but also let your family members use it for their health improvement as well. When everyone can use the bike, only then can you get the most out of the bike as an investment. A stationary bike with fixed height cannot get your that ROI you want.
If you get a bike that says it can fit you in comfortably, look for the weight capacity it offers. The rule of thumb here is, the weight capacity should be more than the weight you have. For example, if you weigh 200 lbs, try to get a bike with a weight capacity of 300 lbs or so. It will get you a superior result and a more robust feeling while using the bike. It also helps you let others use the bike if they have a higher weight and want to use it.
You’re not going to use the bike all day, so you should be able to store it properly. Especially if you’re going to use the bike in a small house, you must get a foldable bike. Foldable X-frame bikes are the best at staying hidden in a narrow area without eating up too much space. Pick a place in your house where you want to put it, and see how much space the bike takes after folding it. Usually, 18 to 20 inches after collapsing is a good way to go when it comes to folding a bike properly.
Monitor and sensors:
Having the latest technologies like pulse sensors and monitor in your exercise bike will get you the best result. The pulse sensor will read your heart rate and help you push the limits of your cardiac capabilities. If you get a monitor in it, it will keep track of your workout data like paddling speed, time spent, burnet calories, and the real-time heart rate. Plus, try to have a pad, phone, or magazine holder to enjoy the moment of your exercise.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most frequently asked questions about using exercise bikes that you might find interesting:
Can I read or watch TV while using my exercise bike?
Yes, you can watch TV, read something, or listen to music while exercising on a bike. In fact, it can be a great time to do these sorts of works while you’re spending time on a stationary bike.
When is the best time to work out on an exercise bike?
The morning after getting up from the bed is the best time to hit the exercise bike. Warm-up first, then paddle at high intensity for 80% of your cardiac capacity and lower that gradually to finish.
Is 30 minutes a day on an exercise bike enough?
Yes, working out on an exercise bike regularly for 30 minutes a day it will be enough to achieve a good result. It can help you burn calories and reduce body fat to achieve your fitness goals.
Does exercise bike help you lose weight?
Yes, working out on an exercise bike will significantly help you reduce fat percentage and lose weight. However, be regular on your exercise to reach the weight level you want.
Does exercise bike burn fat?
Exercise bikes are great at burning fat quickly and simply as it can hit your heart, lungs, along with the muscles. You have to be consistent with your bike to achieve the desired result.
Using an exercise bike can be the best option for getting in shape without going to the gym. No matter whether you’re after an athletic physique or keeping up with the good shape, an exercise bike can help. The bike can also be the instrument for those who have health issues with running or real-life cycling. I hope after getting through the article, you’ve found the best exercise bike for short person.
However, if you’re still confused about the best overall, I can suggest you get the Lanos Folding Exercise Bike. It can fit in a person from 4’5″ to 6’7″, weighing up to 330 lbs and has an X-frame foldable design to store in a small space. There are 10 levels of magnetic resistance in it with two heart rate sensors along with a monitor to show it all.