If you are trying to exercise with bad knees, you might get yourself hurt because the exercise can be extremely challenging. Bad knees cause immense pain to the point of preventing mobility which is why you require the best exercise bike for bad knees. It provides a low-impact cardio workout that will not cause you pain, rather improves your condition.
An exercise bike is a piece of excellent equipment for bad knees that alleviates pain. This equipment is your ticket to recovery which is why it’s a good decision to invest in one. Don’t put up with the pain of bad knees anymore when you can relieve it effectively by using an exercise bike. Let us help you choose the best exercise bike that helps you fight the pain.
Is Exercise Bike Good for Bad Knees?
Absolutely! An exercise bike works significantly to help you stay in shape even after the pain is gone. Using a bike is a form of knee rehab if you are suffering from bad knees. The best part about using a bike is it does not bring forth physical strain on the knees. Needless to say, cycling is one of the safest and most effective methods you will find for exercising bad knees.
Exercise is an exceptional therapy ideal for bad knees, and an exercise bike provides the best kind of exercise. This is because it does not pressurize the knees, meaning you will not strain yourself as you work out. When using an exercise bike, you have to use it the right way for the best results if you are to address the issue of bad knees completely. Your knee is always susceptible to injury because it is the largest joint in your body and the best way to take care of it is by using an exercise bike.
How We Reviewed?
Finding the right exercise bike for knee problems needs a lot of expert knowledge. You shouldn’t use a randomly selected bike if you have knee problems. To find the best exercise bike for knees we have formed a team of 7 members. Our team investigates the product market and analyzes its features and characteristics. For deep research and analysis, we have primarily selected 89 models from Amazon. To cross-check its features and characteristics, we have studied 550+ real buyers reviews which take almost 75+ hours. After completing all the research and analysis we are able to select the below 9 gems!
Best Exercise Bike for Bad Knees- 1 Min Quick Summary
Best Comfortable Exercise Bike: EXERPEUTIC 1500XL Recumbent Exercise Bike
The EXERPEUTIC bike comes with a large padded seat with a comfortable backrest to provide you ultimate comfort during the exercise.
Editor’s Choice: IDEER LIFE Core & Abdominal Trainers Abdominal Workout Machine
Made with a heavy-duty steel frame, features 8-levels magnetic system, and includes a large seat and backrest.
Best Indoor Exercise Bike: MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Stationary Bike
With all the latest features, padded seat, and backrest, adjustable lever, magnetic resistance system, still, the bike comes in a compact shape. You can conveniently set it anywhere in your home and start your exercise.
Best Folding Exercise Bike: XTERRA Fitness FB350 Folding Exercise Bike
Space limitation never remains a problem for your exercise, if you have an XTERRA Fitness bike. You can fold the bike half of its size and conveniently store it in your home after completing your exercise.
Heavy Construction and Durable Exercise Bike: Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709
The bike is built with 14-gauge heavy-duty steel for long and durable service.
Best Resistance Exercise Bike: Schwinn Recumbent Bike Series
Schwinn Recumbent exercise bike offers you a huge 20-level resistance system to modify the strength of your workout based on your preference.
Best For Cardio Workout: Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike
Sunny Health & Fitness bike is popular for helping you do effective cardio-workout without putting too much stress on your body.
Perfect Home-Interactive Personal-training Exercise Bike: NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle
NordicTrack is one of the best Home-Interactive Personal-training Exercise Bikes. It includes a 12-months iFit membership and five separate profiles for workout training.
Best for Quiet Exercising: ProGear 225 Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
Because of this bike’s precision-balanced-flywheel and V-belt drive system, you will always enjoy a noiseless and smooth exercise.
Table of Content:
Here is a navigation list for the whole article to divide it into chunks and help you navigate easily:
- Is Exercise Bike Good for Bad Knees?
- How We Reviewed?
- Best Exercise Bike for Bad Knees- 1 Min Quick Summary
- 9 Best Exercise Bike for Bad Knees Reviews 2021
- 1. Best Comfortable Exercise Bike: EXERPEUTIC 1500XL Recumbent Exercise Bike
- 2. Editor’s Choice: IDEER LIFE Core & Abdominal Trainers Abdominal Workout Machine
- 3. Best Indoor Exercise Bike: MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Stationary Bike
- 4. Best Folding Exercise Bike: XTERRA Fitness FB350 Folding Exercise Bike
- 5. Heavy Construction and Durable Exercise Bike: Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709
- 6. Best Resistance Exercise Bike: Schwinn Recumbent Bike Series
- 7. Best For Cardio Workout: Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike
- 8. Perfect Home-Interactive Personal-training Exercise Bike: NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle
- 9. Best for Quiet Exercising: ProGear 225 Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
- Why Exercise Bike Good for Bad Knees?
- Final Thought
If you want to avoid the hassle of reading it all and want the pick information with an expert suggestion, here is a comparison chart for all the products we covered:
|Best Exercise Bike for Bad Knees||It’s Best for||Manufacturer||Dimensions||Resistance||Item Weight|
|EXERPEUTIC 1500XL Recumbent Exercise Bike||Best Comfortable Exercise Bike||Exerpeutic||54 x 22 x 34 inches||8-Level||63 Pounds|
|IDEER LIFE Core & Abdominal Trainers Abdominal Workout Machine||Editor’s Choice||IDEER LIFE||46.4"L x 18.9"W x 28.3"H||8-Level Magnetic-Tension||-|
|MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Stationary Bike||Best Indoor Exercise Bike||MaxKare||LxWxH; 45.7 x 18.9 x 41.7 inches||8||65 lbs.|
|XTERRA Fitness FB350 Folding Exercise Bike||Best Folding Exercise Bike||XTERRA Fitness||LxWxH; 40.5 x 21 x 50.5 inches||8||42.3 Pounds|
|Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709||Heavy Construction and Durable Exercise Bike||Marcy||LxWxH; 55.5 x 25 x 37.5 inches||8||57LBS|
|Schwinn Recumbent Bike Series||Best Resistance Exercise Bike||Schwinn Fitness||LxWxH; 64 x 27.7 x 49.9 inches||20||81.6 Pounds|
|Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike||Best For Cardio Workout||Sunny Health & Fitness||LxWxH; 56 x 25 x 41 inches||8||94.8 Pounds|
|NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle||Perfect Home-Interactive Personal-training Exercise Bike||NordicTrack||LxWxH; 55 x 21.9 x 56.9 inches||24||92 Kilograms|
|ProGear 225 Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike||Best for Quiet Exercising||ProGear||LxWxH; 32 x 17.5 x 46 inches||8||34.8 Pounds|
9 Best Exercise Bike for Bad Knees Reviews 2021
With so many exercise bike choices in the market, finding the best exercise bike for bad knees may be quite challenging. Therefore, we have compiled this review to help you have an idea of the exercise bike that can suit your fitness level. Here are the top five exercise bikes that offer excellent service, not just to your knees but your entire body:
1. Best Comfortable Exercise Bike: EXERPEUTIC 1500XL Recumbent Exercise Bike
The EXERPEUTIC Recumbent Bike is perfect for individuals of all sizes thanks to its oversized seat cushion. It’s also designed with a backrest that ensures ultimate comfort while exercising. This stationary bike provides cardiovascular workouts which ensure that your back and joints are no longer stressed. It accommodates a user height of 5’3” to 6’ 6” for taller people while guaranteeing the right height when cycling to individuals having knee problems.
This is the best recumbent exercise bike for bad knees that helps you attain your fitness goals and relieve pain. Plus, you can use the MyCloudFitness with this exercise bike to track and set your goals. With a weight capacity of 300lbs, this recumbent exercise bike proves to be well capable of pulling high capacity.
Its LCD display shows all the information like burned calories, speed, heart rate, time, and distance, and others. There are eight levels of magnetic resistance work to ensure quiet operation when using this exercise bike. You will assemble the bike relatively easy because all the tools required are provided.
- Manufacturer: Exerpeutic
- Color: Gold, Black
- Frame Material: Steel
- Item Weight: 63 Pounds
EXERPEUTIC 1500XL Recumbent Features:
- This recumbent exercise bike is compatible with MyCloudFitness app for tracking your workouts.
- It has an easy-to-read LCD display that clearly shows the burned calories, heart rate, scan, speed, and time.
- The eight-level magnetic tension control system on this bike guarantees a quiet and smooth operation.
- It’s suitable for 5’3”-6’ 6” people and provides the right cycling height for those who have knee problems.
- You can use it with up to 300 lbs weight capacity which is good for most average people.
2. Editor’s Choice: IDEER LIFE Core & Abdominal Trainers Abdominal Workout Machine
If you want to achieve a great body shape, you need to invest in this IDEER LIFE workout machine. It comes with various exercise modes to target your buttocks, legs, inner thighs, and other body parts. This workout machine has a large back to support your back as you work out. You will love its ergonomic design that ensures comfort and provides relaxation.
What makes this bodywork equipment stand out is that a beginner or trainer can use its three adjustable gear slopes. This makes it easy to adjust between the challenging levels till you attain the most comfortable position to maximize workout efficiency. It has a wide backrest with deluxe high-density padded leather upholstery to deliver support and balance when exercising. The soft foam knee pads eliminate knee pressure making this workout machine the ideal exercise bike good for bad knees.
This exercise bike moves the cushion up and down consistently to eliminate noise when working out. It also comes with a heavy-duty steel frame and cushion-covered handgrips that ensure comfort and durability. The LCD monitor will help you keep track of time, calories burned, heart rate, and moves. You can assemble it quickly and fold it whenever it is not in use, making it quite convenient.
- Manufacturer: IDEER LIFE
- Material: Heavy-duty Crank and Steel Frame.
- Resistance: 8-Level Magnetic-Tension
- Max-Weight Capacity: 242 LBS
IDEER LIFE Core & Abdominal Features:
- This IDEER LIFE workout machine comes with multiple exercise modes that provide total body workout.
- It has an upgraded large back cushion that provides maximum back support during your workouts.
- The machine also has a long and wide backrest with deluxe high-density padded leather upholstery for support and balance.
- It also offers soft foam knee pads that eliminate knee pressure making this workout machine perfect for bad knees.
- There is an LCD monitor to keep track of calories burned, speed, time, moves made, and heart rate.
3. Best Indoor Exercise Bike: MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike Indoor Cycling Stationary Bike
This MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike is ergonomic and has soft seats and back cushions to support your back while exercising. The pulse grip feature works best to keep track of your heart rate and check your fitness status. It comes with a seat adjustable lever that allows you to move the seat either to the front or back to attain your desired fitness.
It has an eight-level magnetic resistance system for a controlled exercise experience. You will love the handle of this stationary bike padded with vinyl foam. They ensure a solid grip which is necessary for an effective workout. This stationary bike has transportation wheels to move it wherever you want after your workout.
You’ll also get an LCD monitor that indicates the speed, burned calories, time, heart rate, and distance covered. It also comes with a phone holder that enables you to keep your phone as you exercise and listen to your music. With all its features, it’s the best recumbent exercise bike under $200 meaning that it’s a great value for money.
- Manufacturer: MaxKare
- Color: Gray+Black
- Product Dimensions: LxWxH; 45.7 x 18.9 x 41.7 inches
- Resistance: Magnetic Mechanism
- Resistance: 8
MaxKare Recumbent Features:
- The MaxKare Recumbent Exercise Bike has an eight-level magnetic resistance system for controlled exercise.
- This Bike has an ergonomic design with soft seats and back cushions that provide ultimate support.
- It has an LCD monitor to indicate the calories burned, heart rate, speed, and time in real-time as you workout.
- You’ll get transportation wheels on this bike to move the bike after your workouts.
- It comes with a phone holder to keep your phone nearby while you’re exercising to listen to music.
4. Best Folding Exercise Bike: XTERRA Fitness FB350 Folding Exercise Bike
The XTERRA Fitness Bike comes in as the best folding recumbent exercise bike that you can fold and put away. It features folding dimensions of 20.5” by 20,” making it easy to store away when not in use. This bike has a padded back pad with a thick padded seat for a comfortable seating position when working out.
This FB350 Folding Exercise Bike makes use of a solid X-frame design that delivers a smooth and robust workout. With the eight levels of resistance featured in this bike, you will be able to challenge yourself as you keep monitoring your workout information. The handlebar-mounted hand pulse sensors in this bike keep track of your heart rate to ensure effective workouts.
It has an accessory pocket to store your phone or any other device you may have. It features a 2″ LCD display to read all the information, including pulse, distance, calories, speed, and time. You will also find a 3-piece pedal crank in this bike that works outstanding to improve durability.
- Manufacturer: XTERRA Fitness
- Color: Silver
- Product Dimensions: LxWxH; 40.5 x 21 x 50.5 inches
- Product Weight: 42.3 Pounds
- Built-in Material: Steel
- Resistance: 8
- Drive System: Belt
XTERRA Fitness Features:
- The XTERRA Fitness Bike features folding dimensions of 20.5″ by 20,” making it easy to fold and store away when not in use.
- This exercise bike is constructed with a padded lower back pad and a thick padded seat design to provide maximum comfort when working out.
- An Exercise Bike designed with a solid X-frame to guarantee a smooth and strong workout enabling you to attain your goals.
- It comes with handlebar-mounted hand pulse sensors that enable you to track your heart rate effectively during workouts.
- This bike features a 2″ by 1″ LCD window that displays all your workout information pertaining to your calories, time, speed, pulse, and distance.
5. Heavy Construction and Durable Exercise Bike: Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709
The Marcy Exercise Bike is designed with an adjustable seat that you can make changes to so that your legs attain the desired stride as you keep pedaling. You will enjoy maximum comfort no matter how long your bike rides are, thanks to the recumbent handlebars plus the seatback pad. This exercise bike is heavy-duty constructed with 14-gauge steel to ensure durability.
Through the step-through design of this recumbent exercise bike, mobility is improved to guarantee better exercising. You will notice that the bike features a magnetic resistance mechanism with eight levels of resistance and tension knobs to keep the bike in control to customize your workouts. It is the best recumbent exercise bike for home if you want to maintain shape and improve your health.
This Marcy bike has a resistance knob to change the intensity when working out. You will find the weighted pedals helpful for ultimate foot support while giving you better control. It also has adjustable foot straps to provide the right fit for your feet when cycling. This exercise bike features an LCD computer screen to monitor your workout information like speed, time, calories, etc.
- Manufacturer: Marcy
- Color: Black/Gray/Copper
- Product Dimensions: LxWxH; 55.5 x 25 x 37.5 inches
- Product Weight: 57LBS
- Resistance: Magnetic Mechanism
- Material: Plastic
- Resistance: 8
Marcy Recumbent Features:
- This Marcy exercise bike comes with contoured foam-covered handles that support your back and provide support when exercising.
- It comes with weighted pedals meant to provide foot support when cycling during your workout offering maximum control.
- The recumbent exercise bike comes with adjustable foot straps that ensure your feet fit perfectly to deliver smooth cycling.
- Its magnetic resistance mechanism comes with eight levels of resistance and tension knobs to control when using the bike in your workouts.
- This exercise bike has an LCD screen that displays all the information regarding to your workouts.
6. Best Resistance Exercise Bike: Schwinn Recumbent Bike Series
When you have knee problems, you need an exercise bike that has multiple resistance systems. So that you can set the strength of your exercise according to your needs and tolerance level. This Schwinn Recumbent exercise bike is a perfect option for people who are looking for an exercise bike for knee pain.
It comes with a huge 20-levels resistance system. As a result, you can do your exercise based on your tolerance level and preferable intensity. With its high-speed and high-inertia drive system, you get an easy start-up and enjoy a quiet and smooth workout every time.
Besides, the bike comes with a smart dual-track LCD monitor that provides you 22-workout programs. Along with that, you can navigate your fitness goal and watch your progress. Moreover, the sturdy construction bike weighs only 81.6 pounds and can effectively support 300 LBS. The convenient transportation wheels allow you to easily shift the bike in different places.
- Manufacturer: Schwinn Fitness
- Product Dimensions: LxWxH; 64 x 27.7 x 49.9 inches
- Product Weight: 81.6 Pounds
- Source of Powder: Battery Powered
- Maximum-Weight-Recommendation: 300 Pounds
- Resistance: 20
- The bike provides a huge 20-level resistance system so that you can enjoy different strength exercises.
- You’ll get quiet and smooth workouts because of its high-speed & high-inertia drive system.
- It comes with a dual-track LCD monitor that effectively shows you all the fitness metrics and provides you 22 workout programs.
- With its fitness goal track features, you can set your individual workout goal.
- The bike features convenient transportation wheels for easy and comfortable shifting.
7. Best For Cardio Workout: Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike
If you’re looking for a comfortable exercise bike that can assist you in a cardio workout. You can confidently go for this model from Sunny Health & Fitness. The bike comes with an ergonomically designed padded seat and backrest to give you utmost comfort during the exercise.
Moreover, the bike includes handlebars with your seat so that you can maintain your body balance during the exercise. To increase your safety and prevent slippage, it features anti-slip strap pedals. You’ll get an 8-level magnetic resistance system to control the strength and power of your exercise.
The bike uses high-quality steel that makes it durable and long-lasting and it easily accommodates a person up to 242lbs. With the help of its digital monitor, you can keep track of the progress of your workout, such as RPM, Speed, time, calories, distance, etc.
- Manufacturer: Sunny Health & Fitness
- Product Dimensions: LxWxH; 56 x 25 x 41 inches
- Max-Height: 182.88 Centimeters
- Minimum Height: 152.4 Centimeters
- Resistance Mechanism: Magnetic
- Maximum-Weight Capacity: 240 LBS
- Resistance: 8
Sunny Health & Fitness Features:
- The bike features an 8-level magnetic resistance system that allows you to do exercise with different strengths and power.
- It comes with anti-slip strap pedals so that your feet won’t slip out during the exercise.
- You’ll get handlebars along with your seat to maintain your balance during your workout time.
- With the help of its digital monitor, you can continuously check the status of your workout,
- It has built-in transportation wheels that allow you to shift the bike easily from one spot to another spot.
8. Perfect Home-Interactive Personal-training Exercise Bike: NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle
The “NordicTrack” is one of the best Home-Interactive Personal-training Exercise Bike that you could ever have. It brings the trainer virtually to your home and helps you to do thousands of on-demand workouts.
The most unique part of this device is its massive 22-inches interactive display that streams the iFit training. You can rotate the display at 360° and enjoy it the way you want. Additionally, with this bike, you’ll get a 12-months iFit membership and five individual profiles.
It has a 24-level digital resistance system that you can control manually or let your iFit trainers automatically adjust. Because of the SMR-silent magnetic resistance system, you’ll get a smooth & quiet workout. Besides the bike is built with high-quality material that can easily hold 350 lbs weight. The bike features convenient transportation wheels that allow you to shift the bike from one spot to another spot effortlessly.
- Manufacturer: NordicTrack
- Color: Black
- Product Dimensions: LxWxH; 55 x 21.9 x 56.9 inches
- Product Weight: 92 Kilograms
- Resistance Mechanism: Magnetic
- Resistance: 24
- It comes with a big 22-inch interactive display to assist you in attending different training and workout programs.
- You’ll get a 12-months iFit membership and 5-individual exercise profiles.
- The bike features 24-level SMR silent magnetic resistance systems to provide you a quiet and smooth-riding.
- Built with high-quality material that ensures long-lasting service and supports 350-lbs weight.
- With its convenient transportation wheels, you can effortlessly move the bike from one spot to another spot.
9. Best for Quiet Exercising: ProGear 225 Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
Our last pick, this exercise bike from ProGear is one of the quietest exercise bikes on our list. Because of its precision-balanced-flywheel and V-belt drive system, you get quiet and smooth-riding. It’s so noiseless that you can even enjoy television while doing your exercise.
Another strength of this exercise bike is its foldable feature, you can fold the bike half of its size and conveniently store it anywhere in your house. You’ll get an 8-level magnetic resistance system to adjust the power and strength of your exercise. Besides that, the seat of this bike is ergonomically designed with a contoured cushion. You can conveniently adjust it until you get the right position.
To ensure your safety and prevent your feet from slippage, it comes with anti-slip straps with pedals. The bike includes an LCD monitor that shows you the current status of your workout, such as calories, time, speed, etc. It has convenient transportation wheels through which you can shift the bike from one room to another effortlessly.
- Manufacturer: ProGear
- Item Dimensions: LxWxH; 32 x 17.5 x 46 inches
- Maximum Height: 53 Inches
- Minimum Height: 152.4 Centimeters
- Weight of the product: 34.8 Pounds
- Resistance: Magnetic Mechanism
- Source of power: Battery Powered
- Resistance: 8
- The bike comes with an 8-level adjustable magnetic system that allows you to enjoy different strength exercises.
- Its precision-balanced flywheels and V-belt drive system ensure you get quiet and smooth riding.
- The seat of this bike is completely adjustable and comes with an ergonomically contoured cushion to provide you utmost comfort.
- You can fold the bike half of its size and save a lot of space in your home.
- It has convenient transportation wheels that allow you to shift the bike in different spaces effortlessly.
Why Exercise Bike Good for Bad Knees?
The importance of an exercise bike for your bad knees cannot be overemphasized. This bike is imminent with many benefits, not just to your knees but to the entire body. It is an essential equipment to have if you are keen on improving your health.
This is why an exercise bike is good for bad knees:
Bad knees cause a lot of pain, which can be eliminated by using an exercise bike. You will not be at ease if your knee keeps continuously paining. Carrying out your exercises with a bike eliminates the pain making you go on with your other duties pain-free.
Your knees play a crucial role in ensuring mobility because if the pain is intense, there is no way you can move with ease. Using an exercise bike regularly, you end up easing the joint that way; you can move as you used to before.
When suffering from bad knees, your lower body may end up suffering a great deal. That is why you must use an exercise bike to strengthen muscles connecting to the knee joints. Through that, your lower body will gain strength hence doing away with the weakness once experienced.
When you are no longer in pain, your whole body gets to a relaxation a point. You are no longer stressed, and you are in peace. This is how you will be once you make use of an exercise bike.
Enjoy your sleep by using an exercise bike that eliminates the pain that causes sleepless nights. This bike gets rid of stress as it soothes your body when working out. That way, you will sleep better, making an exercise bike excellent equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions
A ton of questions may arise while buying an exercise bike for bad knees and we get that a lot. Here are some of them; see if you had a question like these, we have answers!
Is it OK to use an exercise bike every day?
You can use an exercise bike daily as part of your workout routine. This delivers the best results because of using the bike consistently.
Is cycling good for bad knees?
Yes, it is because cycling is a low-impact exercise that does not strain your knees; rather, it eliminates the pain.
How long should you ride an exercise bike daily?
You can ride an exercise bike for 30 minutes every day to improve your health and enjoy the best results.
An exercise bike for bad knees works effectively to eliminate pain and improve your overall health. It’s an excellent investment that helps you get to get back to your painless life. If you want expert suggestions for the best exercise bike for bad knees, choose the IDEER LIFE Core&Abdominal trainers abdominal workout machine.
It comes with different exercise modes along with multiple pedaling intensity settings. Its upgraded large back cushion and wider backrest with high-density padded leather upholstery are ideal for balance and support. Not only that, you can monitor your workout states like speed, calories burned, distance passed, etc. on its monitor.